Date:      06 Mar 2003 13:25:34 +0100
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Failure building x11-fonts/fontconfig [LONG] - now shortened

hi!

your installed freetype-2.0.9 is very old the currently latest
version is freetype2-2.1.3_1 (which includes the required ftmoderr.h).

the shared library version of 2.0.9 and 2.1.3 is unfortunately
the same.

i would sugget, that you shoud first check your ports with
"pkg_version -l \<" for outdated ports upgrade these first.
you will see many ports with this command - even up-to-date ports,
because:

also i've seen that you have many ports up to in triplicate
and more (docbook even 6x). which can cause many problems.

you have portupgrade installed. did this happens while updateing
with portupgrade? i've avoid this with setting

    sanity_checks = false

in usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf

it's maybe not the perfect solution, but since i've
(as good as) never problems with double installations.

franz.

--
WEBONAUT.com
http://webonaut.com