Date:      Tue,  6 May 1997 23:05:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Yun-Ching Lee <ycl+@CMU.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MP3 player is released

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-questions: 6-May-97 Re: MP3
player is released by Dan Nelson@emsphone.com
> In case anyone else is interested, there are two other MPEG-audio
> players that I know of.
> [...]

I have one more to add to the list.

splay v0.3:
  Plays mpeg (layer 3 and others?) and wave files
  Relatively high CPU utilization (70%) on my Cyrix 6x86 133MHz (P166)
I got it from Linux directory on sunsite.  It came with a
Pentium-optimized Linux binary, but neither applies to me.

Thanks for the information on the other two players.  I will check them out.
--
Yun-Ching (Allen) Lee                   ycl+@cmu.edu
"There is no such thing as a good influence...  All influence is immoral."