Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 1995 08:46:57 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting linux netscape binary to work?

"Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
>Someone (Soren?) posted something recently about how to make the Linux
>version of netscape work properly with the 2.1 Linux emulator.  Could
>you refresh my memory?  I searched the mailing list archives but could
>only find Brian's question and Eric's answer (which consisted of
>moving /etc/host.conf out of the way - not really the answer I was
>looking for :-).

The New and Improved answer is to set an environment variable
to point to the proper host.conf.  My netscape shell script looks
like:

#!/bin/sh
export RESOLV_HOST_CONF; RESOLV_HOST_CONF=/compat/linux/etc/host.conf
export XKEYSYMDB ; XKEYSYMDB=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
export XNLSPATH  ; XNLSPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls
export XAPPLRESDIR ; XAPPLRESDIR=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults
exec /usr/local/lib/netscape/netscape.linux.bin $*

and you've gotta put moz2_0.car in /usr/local/netscape/java/classes/
(but you already knew that from the README)

Now the biggest problem I see is that my syslog fills up with:
Linux-emul(17199): syslog() not supported (BSD sigreturn)

>					Jordan

eric.
--
erich@lodgenet.com