Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:39:32 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <chuck@pkix.net>
To:        Bruce Chiarelli <mano15@rushmore.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Userspace ReiserFS

Bruce Chiarelli wrote:
> It's already in pkgsrc (per se) thanks to Alistair Crooks. The same code
> *should* work under FreeBSD. Feel free to CC this message to whatever
> list might be more appropriate.

Thanks for the heads up to this utility, as it would make life easier for a
few people who are trying to move data from Linux to FreeBSD.

I've got a ports Makefile which seems to be OK, but I don't have a ReiserFS
filesystem available to test the program against.  Does anyone have a small
image (under 100MB, preferably under 10MB) of a ReiserFS filesystem handy?
Otherwise, I'll probably need a day or so to set something up to test this
against...

--
-Chuck

PS: If anyone else is interested in this and already has ReiserFS filesystems
around, please test this for brownie points or even take the port instead:

# New ports collection makefile for: rfstool
# Date created:        2004-7-8
# Whom:                chuck@pkix.net
#
# $FreeBSD: $

PORTNAME=       rfstool
PORTVERSION=    0.14
CATEGORIES=     sysutils
MASTER_SITES=   http://www.pkix.net/mirror/p-nand-q.com/ \
                 http://p-nand-q.com/download/rfstool/
EXTRACT_SUFX=   -source.zip

MAINTAINER=     chuck@pkix.net
COMMENT=        ReiserFS utility

USE_ZIP=        yes
USE_REINPLACE=  yes

WRKSRC=         ${WRKDIR}/${DISTNAME}/RFSTOOL
MAKEFILE=       makefile

# MAN1=         rfstool.1       # haven't found one yet!
BIN_FILES=      rfstool
PLIST_FILES=    bin/rfstool

post-patch:
         ${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's/gcc/${CXX}/g'    ${WRKSRC}/makefile
         ${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's/-O1/${CFLAGS}/g' ${WRKSRC}/makefile

do-install:
.for i in ${BIN_FILES}
         ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKSRC}/${i} ${PREFIX}/bin
.endfor
#       ${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKSRC}/rfstool.1 ${MANPREFIX}/man/man1/

.include <bsd.port.mk>