Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:53:35 -0800
From:      Enji Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        Eric Joyner <erj@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem building dev/e1000

> On Feb 15, 2019, at 10:46, Eric Joyner <erj@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> ifdi_if.h is a system generated interface file that network drivers that d=
epend on iflib use. It's generated from ifdi_if.m in sys/net.
>=20
> My guess is that you don't have "device iflib" defined in your kernel conf=
iguration. em(4) depends on iflib in FreeBSD 12/13, and with r343617, iflib i=
s now explicitly a module that needs to be included in your kernel config if=
 you want to use a driver that depends on it. It's already in the GENERIC ke=
rnel for amd64; are you using a kernel config file that doesn't inherit from=
 GENERIC?

HO Eric!

iflib was a recently added requirement on stable/12 IIRC..?

Does the manpage note this dependency, and is there an UPDATING entry for th=
is change?

Thanks!
-Enji=