Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 03:37:46 +0200
From:      Michael Beckmann <petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A useful mirror, anywhere?!

At 10:51 Uhr -0400 18.6.1996, Charles Henrich wrote:
>Does anyone, anywhere, have a mirror that actually works?!  The one out of
>ports just spins, the one I had previously bloats and sucks up 200MB ram and
>dies.  Do I really need to write a C version of this beasty?

Get the most recent reason of mirror from ports (2.8) . Then you should
also have the most recent version of Perl (5.002 I believe; is also in the
ports collection). Make sure that mirror uses this version of Perl (you may
have to edit the mirror script for this). After that, it will work MUCH
better. I think your problem is from a memory leak in version 4 of Perl. (I
had the same problem; solved it as described)

Michael