Date:      Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:07:12 +1000
From:      Matthew Gardiner <kaiwai@vfemail.net>
To:        "Axel S. Gruner" <axel.gruner@suedfactoring.de>, <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using xorg instead of XFree86

On 30/6/04 6:38 PM, "Axel S. Gruner" <axel.gruner@suedfactoring.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have written a howto for people willing to switch from XFree86 to
> xorg. Ok, at this time it is only available in german:
>
> http://www.bsdforen.de/showthread.php?p=39983#post39983
>
> But i also have some questions about switching to xorg.
>
> (1) Will xorg be the default X in future FreeBSD Releases?

Not too sure, however, I think the whole idea of maintaining the two is
rather stupid and the resources would be better spent simply maintaining one
than trying to pander to those who wish to use XFree86 4.4

For all intensive purposes, Xorg has become the defacto standard for X11
implementations; FreeBSD might as well go with the flow.

Matty