Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 2000 15:54:19 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Remote access service for FreeBSD

>Currently my company has a NT server running Remote Access Service for
>employees out in the field to connect to our company Ethernet. I've been
>advocating the power of FreeBSD, for it's robust network capabilities, so
>they challenged me to rebuild the server with FreeBSD.
>
>So my question is, if there is a port in FreeBSD that is comparable to
>Remote Access Service for NT.

If you want to do RAS using a PRI and digital modems or just ISDN links,
then no, there is no channelized WAN interface support for FreeBSD.

The Ariel.com cards for NT and Linux are not supported under FreeBSD, either.

Len

Len
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8 installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways