Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:01:11 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
Cc:        scuba@centroin.com.br, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to pass configure options

On 7/11/2005 2:36 PM Kövesdán Gábor wrote:

> scuba@centroin.com.br wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>     How can I pass some extra "configure" options when making ports?
>>
>>     I could not find it on FAQ or handbook.
>>
>>     I´m using the "hard" way.
>>
>>     make fetch
>>     cd work/someprog/
>>     ./configure --with...
>>     cd ../../
>>     make
>>     make install
>>
>>     Is there any other way to do that from make command line?
>>

>> - Marcelo
>>

> Try something like this:
>
> make CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-feature1 --with-feature2 ... install
>
> I'm not sure it works, but there is a CONFIGURE_ARGS macro in the
> ports' Makefile for this purpose and You should be able to extend that
> in this way afaik.

Or if you're using port upgrade, look at the example file
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  Find the section called "MAKE_ARGS" (I
think.  Pretty close to that if I'm wrong), and then specify your
settings there.  That way any future portupgrade invocations will use
your defined settings and save you the grief of "WTF happened?"  :)

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse

http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com