Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 00:44:43 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jdl@chromatic.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

I thought I was completely lost in this discussion, until this article
hit me like a lightning bolt....

 * From: Jon Loeliger <jdl@chrome.onramp.net>

 * Well, I think these issues point to the more generalized problem
 * of simply representing the "dependency graph".  All of the file number
 * schemes and the single control file schemes are implementations of
 * the general concepts of linearizing a dependency graph.

Yes, *dependency graphs*!  This was what we were all arguing about!
And the Unix way of handling dependency graphs are...yes, "make"!
Can it get any simpler than an /etc/rc.d/Makefile?!? :)

Ok, so who's going to write bsd.rc.mk?  (Me? :)

Satoshi