Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:37:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: poweroff_delay, kproc_shutdown_wait

On 20-Sep-2002 Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what do kern.shutdown.poweroff_delay and kproc_shutdown_wait affect?
> Do they have something to do with APM poweroff?

My guess is that the poweroff_delay applies to APM/ACPI power off delay.
kproc_shutdown_wait determines how long we wait for the various system
processes to shut down.  When you shut down the machine and it says
"Waitinf 60 seconds for blah-blah to shutdown...", that 60 seconds is
what kproc_shutdown_wait sets.