Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:46:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bob Boone <bboone@whro.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ETHERNET / PCI Problems....

PROBLEM:

   I've been using an ISA ethernet card w/ thin-net only connector.  My
local net is moving to ALL UTP, so I bought a new card --  RPTI E2000PCI
card, but can't change the internal port/irq setings to match the 300/5
that are looked-for by the kernel scan.  Result -- no network connection
with this card - BSD doesn't see network.  It is an AUTOMATIC card, and
I can't find any set-up program to get into it and CHANGE anything.

    SYSTEM VIEW:  OCTEK Rhino-6 motherboard, 100m Pentium, IDE hdrive,
single floppy, SHA-1500 scsi controller/ NEC CD, PCI video card, FreeBSD
2.1.5, Apache 1.1.1..... all has worked FINE since August '96.

    Considering move to BSD 2.2, but waiting for dust to settle.  Not
familiar with PCI "choices" or kernel adaptations on BSD, but WILLING TO
LEARN.

System is not on same domain as this email server, so don't bother
pinging.

HELP.  .  .  .  .  . Help, .... with ideas on kernal changes OR on ideas
for how to change RHINO  BIOS to support/ direct the ethernet card to
the correct port/irq for BSD.

Thanks,

>  >   >  Bob

Thanks,

--

Bob Boone,  Chief Engineer for Television

WHRO-TV/FM      5200 Hampton Blvd.      Norfolk, Va. 23508
Pager: (804) 860-3303 *** Ph: (804) 889-9466 *** Fx: (804) 489-4444
Internet: bboone@whro.org           WebSite: http://www.whro.org