Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:11:55 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        fbsdmail@dnswatch.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: two /24's and only one gateway - is routing still possible?

On 4/25/11 11:47 AM, fbsdmail@dnswatch.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>   I've been trying to figure an ideal solution to this for some time,
> and thought I'd post the question here to see if anyone else is working
> with this situation.
> Here's my scenario;
> I have a /24 with a prefix of 168.103.150.xxx with a gateway on this prefix
> (DSLmodem).
> I also have a /24 with a prefix of 75.160.109.xxx
> My question(s) is/are:
> 1) is it possible to route both of these across the same GW?
> 2) if answer to 1) == NO, what might I do?

you probably need to make a routing request to your ISP
to ask them to advertise that  75.160.109.xxx is available via
168.103.150.x
they may charge you $$ to do so or may not even want to do it.
They may also require proof that you own them.
this may be a problem as they are owed by cox communications and Quest.
you'd thus have to get permission from each ISP to route teh other..

***red-tape***