Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 11:59:02 +0200
From:      rene@xs4all.nl
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   default partition sizes at install not correct?

I've just decided to reinstall my 4.x box with a 4.2-REL bootable CD, and
have let the CD do all my configin' for me. It has decided on these
partitions;

50M /
132M swap
20M /var
8512M /usr

I installed the 'developer' and 'user' options onto this parition set, but
after the reboot when I try to set my root password, it nags about / being
full.

My question: why were these defaults chosen as they are, and is it a good
idea to make the more sensible?

/me re-installing with more sane options now ;)