Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 18:08:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@americasnet.com>
To:        "N. Del More" <noel@inr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT PM2144UWR

Hi,

That sounds wonderful. Couple of questions:

1. If there IS a freebsd driver, where would I find it?
2. Can you explain to me how the RAID 5 works on the DPT? For example, how
is recovery done upon failure of one of the drives?
3. In RAID 5 mode, how does the diskspace work out? What I mean is how do
you calculate it? It's easy for RAID 0 (add the drives), RAID 1 is the
total divided by the number of mirrors. But in RAID 5 what's the
calculation? If I use 3 2.5Gb drives, how much total space would I have?

thanks
Ricardo