Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 19:54:17 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: VA for java (linux) on BSD - more info

Gary Howland wrote:

> OK, I am making more progress on getting VA for java running
> under FreeBSD linux emulation.  I removed my /compat/linux/lib
> directory, and placed in its place all of the library files
> required by the binary (as shown by ldd).

Is it a libc5, glibc2 or a glibc2.1 based binary? The first two can be
handled by the linux_base port in the ports collection. The glibc2.1
libraries are in the linux_base port I have in my home-directory
(http://www.freebsd.org/~marcel) which I probably need to update to 6.1
anyway :-)

>         syscall linux_rt_sigaction(0xa,0xbfbfd9a4,0xbfbfd918,0x8)
>                 returns 0 (0x0)
>         SIGNAL 20

This signal is being catched and simply means that a child has finished.
I suggest you use ktrace(1) and linux_kdump (from the ports collection)
to see why the child has finished and which child it is. For example:

	ktrace -i -t usinc ./ide

When ktrace finishes, create a readable trace with:

	linux_kdump -f ktrace.out > kdump.out

And start reading kdump.out :-)

HTH,

--