Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:23:03 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oops!

Just a guess here, but try booting to single user mode (see the
handbook, I don't remember offhand) and change it from there.

Someone else may want to correct me on this, but I think it should
work.

HTH
On 07/30/01 02:27 PM, Hemsley, Robin sat at the `puter and typed:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is the appropriate address to send this problem to but
> here goes...
>
> I am new to unix and foolishly changed the root accounts shell to a
> non-existant one (/bin/bash). Dead, dead clever - I know! So the problem now
> is that I can't login as root nor SU to root and therefore can't change my
> shell back.
>
> Is there a (relatively) simple way to change back to a shell which actually
> exists...?
>
> TIA,
>
> Best regards,
>
> RobH
>

> Visit our website at http://www.henrob.co.uk

> This email is intended for the above named only.
> It may contain private and confidential information
> or material that is privileged. If it has come to you in error
> you must take no action based upon it,
> nor must you copy or show it to anyone.
>
> Please return the message immediately to administrator@henrob.co.uk

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Cabbage, n.:
  A familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as
  a man's head.