Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:56:24 -0700
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Man pages compressed with bzip2

An application I am porting comes with it's manpages already formatted
and compressed with bzip2, though freebsd doesn't support bz2 manpages,
AFAIK.  But if it does, I don't think the ports framework can handle it
as there doesn't seem to be anyway to specify the compression format for
manpages.  What is the best solution to this?

Should I just write a post-build target that will decompress it and
recompress it as gz and just add bzip2 as a dependency or should I just
include a gzipped version in the files directory?

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2