Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2006 23:55:34 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Subject:   Re: bge0: PHY read timed out

On Sep 9, 2006, at 11:52 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> I have a machine that is acting up.  It was doing this a couple
> weeks ago and I replaced the motherboard thinking that maybe the
> physical ethernet port was going bad (connector or chip).  The new
> motherboard is starting to act up the same way after a week or two
> of running fine and I am wondering if something else might be the
> issue.

I forgot to mention that the MB at issue is the Tyan S2850 single
opteron MB.  This particular server had its MB replaced a week or two
ago for the same sort of issue on bge1 that got progressively worse
and I eventually turned it off in the BIOS.  Then a while later it
started  seeming to freeze up with this same issue as listed below
and I replaced the MB, which is starting to show the same issue.

I have a few other servers with the same MB and they have never had
any issues.

Chad