Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:44:43 -0700
From:      "Steve Franks" <stevefranks@ieee.org>
To:        "FreeBSD Users Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   6.2: "upgrade", or just "install" and restore rc.conf?

Presuming you have a 1 or 2 user system, and haven't done alot of
mods, is there any reason to "upgrade" to 6.2 as opposed to just
"install" it?  Of the maybe 10 files I've modified, I have backed them
up elsewhere, and it's fresh in my mind still.  The only issues I can
think of are (1) users/groups (of which I again have a whopping 2),
and
(2) installed packages - this could be a problem, as I have no idea
how we (the os) "know" what's installed, and that info may or may not
be deleted on a new install.
(3) sysinstall/label doesn't seem happy about putting things on an
existing slice(s) - when I fubared my 6.1 install it complained about
insufficient space until I deleted all slices on the disk.

Anyone care to comment on pros/cons of install vs. upgrade?  Seems
this is a relevant time for the discussion.

Steve