Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 18:44:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org

I am trying to install 2.1 to my new machine. During the device probe at
boot, I am getting the following error:

ahc0:A:0 refuses synchronous negotiation, using asynchronous transfers

This is from memory so it may not be verbatim. The SCSI controller is an
Adaptec 2940 (device 7), the drive is a Micropolis 4421 (device 0).

Does anyone recognize this error? Do I have something set wrong? The
Adaptec is set to factory defaults. The drive has jumpers on pins:

	PTY - Bus parity check option
	W1  - Term power from drive
	W3  - +5v to bus
	W4  - Interface termination

Thanks,
Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House.    <unknown>