Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2014 21:00:48 -0500
From:      "Martin G. McCormick" <martin@server1.shellworld.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network Interface Keeps Dying FreeBSD9.1

Mark Felder writes:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 22:03, Martin G. McCormick wrote:
> >
> >       Has anybody seen this behavior?
>
> Yes. Is this an HP server? There were known issues with newer bge NICs
> on HPs around FreeBSD 9.1. The fix should be available in a newer
> FreeBSD release. Can you try one and report back?

	I am working on 9.3. I tried an installation this afternoon
which doesn't look too promising as it didn't seem to get a DHCP
address.
	There were some other issues, however, so I will try a
new installation from scratch tomorrow and see if I made some
sort of mistake.
	This box has been kicking and screaming, so to speak,  all the
way. It makes up for all the years of smooth sailing I have had
building FreeBSD boxes.