Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:27:07 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Brooks Lackey <shinesomber@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking for an OS and wanting to know if this is the one.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
Brooks Lackey <shinesomber@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can i use Yahoo Messanger, Itunes, & AOL Messanger.

I use (when forced to <G>) gaim to talk to people on yahoo + AOL messenger networks. I dont know how complete are gaim features compared to the original commercial products.

iTunes, natively, no.
I dont know whether u can run it under Wine.

> I am just looking around as i am now tired of Windows.
>  I dont know everything about OS but i like to learn
> new things and if there is something better out there
> i def. would like to use it.

if those are just your requirements, it may be easier for you to use MacOSX. but you don't say what has tired you of Windows...some things are similar (closed source, commercial), lots of other things are very different. and...some of that applies to FreeBSD too, i suspect.

Give us more info and we may be able to help you better,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Too bad ignorance isn't painful."
  Don Lindsay