Date:      27 Feb 2003 15:07:00 +1100
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.IPAustralia.gov.au>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla failure with GTk1.2 and XFT2

Hi Joe,

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 15:40, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 23:29, Carl Makin wrote:

> > I'm having real trouble with Mozilla 1.2.1 and Xft (I think).
> >
> > If I do a standard "portupgrade -vR mozilla" it builds using
> > Gtk-1.2.10_9 and Xft-2.1_1.  I try to start it and it just exits
> > quietly.  Running it as root generated a core.  I loaded gdb on

> Most like it's a bad font.  Try reinstalling the default XFree86 font

Well, I now have it working.  It wasn't a bad font.  At some point in
the past freetype2 must have installed into /usr/X11R6.  There were old
include files hanging around.  The current freetype2 installs into
/usr/local.  I deleted freetype2, and then searched for any remaining
cruft, which I also deleted and then reinstalled freetype2, Xft and then
mozilla and it now works fine.

Thanks for the help!

Carl.