Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 17:52:00 +1000
From:      Eddie Irvine <eirvine@tpgi.com.au>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KNE40BT in freebsd only getting 45KB/sec ftp transfer to win98 machine

Hi,

Speed in what protocol? FTP? SMB? Appletalk?

Have you checked the duplexing of cards on both
machines? Use the DOS program that came with the
ethernet cards to check. Unless your card is
connected directly to a switch, it should be
half duplex (I'm not sure on this, but that
is my understanding).

Jim Bryant wrote:

> In reply:
> > I am running FreeBSD-current and for some reason I am only
> > getting~45KB/sec
> > transfer to a computer running Windows 98.  I have a Kingston
> > KNE40BTcard and I
> > can find no hardware error as to why I am only reaching those speeds.
> > Could you suggest what may be the error?
> >
> > Andrew Tamm
>
> ummmmmmm..  winblowz-98.
>
> jim
> --
> All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
> think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or
> radioactive waters and yell WAHOO !!!      |  numbered!" - #1, "The Prisoner"

Eddie

http://www1.tpgi.com.au/users/eirvine/index.html