Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:26:41 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommend some programs for gnome + sawfish?

On 2002-09-30 10:12, Socketd <db@traceroute.dk> wrote:
> Let's make a layer from top to button:
>	Gnome/KDE
>	GKT/QT
>	Windows manager like Sawfish
>	X windows

Use a fixed-width font when previewing the diagram below.
This is more like:

	+-----------+---------------+---------+----------------+
	|    KDE    |  QT-programs  |  Gnome  |  GTK programs  |
	|          QT library       |     GTK library          |
	|                     X11 libraries                    |

> Right? So qt and kde programs can't run under gnome/gkt?!?!

You can have both QT-based and GTK-based programs running at the same
time.  I haven't seen many people do it, but you could probably run
most of the Gnome programs within an already running KDE desktop.

Giorgos.