Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:37:45 +0100
From:      "Kees Verstoep" <versto@cs.vu.nl>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth Capping fore ATM circuits?

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:19:56 UTC+1000 George Michaelson
  <ggm@dstc.edu.au> wrote:
>[..]
> I can't see any code clues to how I can do capped bandwidth stuff
> on this setup.
>
> Help! I need to make a 155mbps edge device behave "well" on 24mbps
> core network bandwidth...

In general it should be quite easy to modify any driver for the Fore 200E
to enforce some kind of rate limiting.  It has native support for limiting
the per-PDU outgoing cell rate by means of a simple "data/idle cell"
specification.  If you don't need a flexible API that allows you to
change this rate on the fly, it'll probably just take a two-line
modification to set it to the rate you want.

For an example how this is done you can look at the Fore 200E driver
for Linux, available from
	http://cedric.cnam.fr/personne/lizzi/linux/fore200e.html

Good luck,
Kees Verstoep