Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:31:07 -0500
From:      Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD - Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: My thoughts on the list as of late...

On Feb 12, 2005, at 7:19 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

Here's a question...could it not be the byproduct of the same growth in
signal-to-noise that has been rising ever since the Internet became
popular among the non-academic crowd?  As more Joe Normals join up to
this Internet phenomena thing, there is an expected growth in all these
lists not being used purely as they were meant to be used?

At a hundred posts a day, there are many many threads I skip or delete
without reading.  If the subject doesn't show something that I may be
able to glean some information from or contribute something
to...*blip*...gone.  People complaining about the noise might want to
hit delete more often.

Then again, that's what I used to say ten years ago about SPAM...

-Bart