Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:06:55 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Matt <matt@xtaz.co.uk>
Cc:        "'freebsd-current@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Matt wrote:
> CARTER Anthony said:
>
>>Please help otherwise I am in serious DOO DA!!!
>

> <snip>
>
> To begin with I would suggest booting the old kernel and seeing what that
> does. When the loader is counting down asking you to press a key to
> interrupt the boot process hit a key. Then type unload kernel and boot
> /boot/kernel.old/kernel. Unless anything major has changed in the userland

That should be:

unload
boot kernel.old

Though just boot-conf kernel.old probably works.

I suspect the above mentioned way will not load other modules, such as
acpi, from the correct place.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

A Vulcan can no sooner be disloyal than he can exist without
breathing.
		-- Kirk, "The Menagerie", stardate 3012.4