Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 03:56:36 -0600
From:      "Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org>
To:        "Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong" <nchee_hoong@pacific.net.sg>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: loader

> Hi ;
>     How do I change the prompt message ?
>    My current prompt message look like this ...
>
> F1 : FreeBSD
> F2 : ?
> Default : F1
> Boot :
>
> I would lilke the "?"  mark to more meanning text  , how do I change it
> ? Please advise ....

The file /boot/boot0 contains the boot manager... but that info is most
likey of very little use to you.  It's a machine-manguage program, optimized
for size... 512 bytes to be EXACT.  While you could probobly puzzle it out
with a debugger, I'd be VERY gentle with it if I was you... but being me, I
won't touch the stuff.  I though of doing that myself once.  :-)