Date:      Sat, 01 May 1999 14:54:26 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BitKeeper (was Re: solid NFS patch #6 avail for -current - need testers files)

As I understand it, BitKeeper is indeed based on SCCS, and is a superset of
it.  The performance hit of SCCS has been "solved".

There are several "significant" commercial users of BitKeeper waiting for
the first production release, and Larry McVoy seems to be a bit of a maniac
when it comes to things being production stable.

He said that a CVS->BitKeeper conversion tool is not far off.

I'm mostly interested in the "lines of development" features, the ability
to check in various revisions of my *local* work, the ability to apply a
patch set as an atomic unit, and several of the GUI tools.