Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:19:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Remko Lodder" <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        "Marc Fonvieille" <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/115220: Patch to Handbook Printer Section to Add CUPS  Configuration

On Mon, August 6, 2007 9:40 am, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR docs/115220; it has been noted by
> GNATS.
>
> From: Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
> To: Chess Griffin <chess.griffin@gmail.com>
> Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: docs/115220: Patch to Handbook Printer Section to Add CUPS
> 	Configuration
> Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:37:18 +0200
>
>  On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 03:11:12PM +0000, Chess Griffin wrote:
>  >
>  > >Number:         115220
>  > >Category:       docs
>  > >Synopsis:       Patch to Handbook Printer Section to Add CUPS
> Configuration
>
>  A long time ago, for the (dead) doc TODO
>  (http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/todo.html) list, I talked with hrs@
>  about the need of something about CUPS, we reached a consensus about the
>  fact an extensive article was the best solution instead of a section in
>  the Handbook.
>
>  --
>  Marc

Hi,

So, what are we going to do in the meantime? CUPS is rather standard these
days for *nix desktop users and all to print to devices. I personally
think that it fits perfectly into the Handbook, which describes common
things that one can do with a FreeBSD installation. Having CUPS
installation et all in a a different article makes it prone to get lost in
time.

Personally I do not recall the discussion at all; please doc@ discuss this
so that we can reach a global consensus regarding this topic, ofcourse I
will hook up with the majority if they think this should indeed be an
article.

Thanks,
Remko

--