Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:18:16 -0700
From:      Kyle Butt <kylebutt@myrealbox.com>
To:        <jstocker@tzi.de>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.5->5.0 New Bootloader needed

At Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:14:09 +0100,
Jan Stocker wrote:

> [...]

This changes after the installworld target. From UPDATING:

	To upgrade from 4.x-stable to current
	-------------------------------------

	make buildworld
	make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE
	cp src/sys/${MACHINE_ARCH}/conf/GENERIC.hints /boot/device.hints [2]
	make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE
	reboot in single user [3]
	make installworld
	mergemaster		[4]
	[1]
	<reboot>

I updated my machine from 4.5-stable to 5.0-current without a hang up,
but I did notice that after I installed the kernel it didn't boot it.
But after the installworld it did.