Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:12:15 -0500
From:      "dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   troubles with cvsd buildroot

Hello,
    I'm trying to use the cvsd port to to get a chrooted cvs server running
under 5.1. I've installed the port and created the cvsd user and group, with
the home directory of /home/cvsd. The command i used was:
pw useradd cvsd -c "Cvs Server Daemon" -u 1015 -s /sbin/nologin -m -h -
I then manually removed the dot files from that directory as this user won't
be logging in. I then copied cvsd.conf.sample to cvsd.conf and edited it. I
changed RootJail to /home/cvsd the Uid and Gid fields to cvsd, and
uncommented the listen line. When i went to run cvsd-buildroot /home/cvsd I
got errors about not being able to find libraries, below is the output from
the command. It says that the build was successful, but i'm a little worried
about it not being able to make the /dev devices and the fact that it
couldn't find libraries, and manually atempting to run the binary placed in
the location yielded no output.

creating directory structure under /home/cvsd... done.
installing binaries... cvs.
locating libnsl.so... not found (probably not fatal)
locating libnss_compat.so... not found (probably not fatal)
locating ld-elf.so... /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
locating libnss_compat.so.2... not found (probably not fatal)
locating libnss_files.so.2... not found (probably not fatal)
locating /usr/libexec/ld.so... not found (probably not fatal)
locating /usr/lib/ld.so.1... not found (probably not fatal)
locating nss_files.so.1... not found (probably not fatal)
installing libraries...ldd: /home/cvsd/bin/cvs: Permission denied
/home/cvsd/bin/cvs: exit status 1
 ld-elf.so.1.
creating /home/cvsd/dev devices... FAILED (unable to use devices)
adding users to /home/cvsd/etc/passwd... root nobody cvsd.
making /home/cvsd/etc/pwd.db...done.
fixing ownership... done.
chrooted system created in /home/cvsd
if your cvs binary changes (new version) you should rerun cvsd-buildroot

Advice appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.