Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:14:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, developers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE schedule

:Hi guys,
:
:People have been asking, so it's not too early to release a "rough
:schedule" (subject to slippage if clearly required) for 4.3 and get
:some feedback on it.
:
:March 05:	Beginning of -stable branch code freeze
:March 10:	FreeBSD 4.3-BETA
:March 20:	FreeBSD 4.3-RC (RELEASE CANDIDATE)
:March 25:	FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE
:
:These dates are somewhat arbitrary but also based on long experience:
:More than two candidate releases during a release cycle tends to be
:unproductive and confusing when it takes many people up to a week to

    Sounds good.  Kirk has a small set of bug fix patches under test at
    Yahoo right now but I expect we'll be able to get them into -stable
    prior to March 5th.  There's nothing in my queue like there
    was pre-4.2.  It should be a nice, stable release.  Cross fingers.

						-Matt