Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 1995 19:45:00 +0000
From:      Radha Krishnan <radha@ccnet.ccnet.com>
To:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        davidg@root.com
Subject:   Sig 11 and -current problems.

I'm been aware of this thread for a while that's been on-going for a few days.
So, for experimental purposes, I supped the sources of current on 090795.
Here's my experiences if it's of any interest (?!):

i) Was previously on a kernel built from sources supped early Aug.
ii) "-current" Sources supped  090795.
iii) Kernel rebuilt, with no changes to config file.
iv) No problems running the kernel. ( Simply connecting to the net , mail /news  activities.)
v) Attempt a Make world. First failure  of make in /usr/share/groff...;
Attempted to continue with make . repeated reattempts to continue, led to
continued make's coredump with sig 11. However perseverence, leads to complete
rebuilding of the system.
vi) Reboot system with the kernel built from supped sources; Attempt to
"Make world" again. Led to similar sig 11s of "make" mostly.
vii) Abandon make world, reboot with kernel built from Aug sources;
viii) Rebuild with "Make world". No sig 11s.  Make completes with no
problems all the way and install the binaries, libs, lkms etc..
ix) Rebuild a Kernel now, and reboot. All seems to be fine.

So in a jist, I guess, the order of the making a "Kernel" with supped sources,
as opposed to "make world install" , followed by the kernel rebuild, seems to
result in a working machine once again.

I hope this clarifies / ( confounds ), people as they interpret!

Radha Krishnan					radha@ccnet.com
						An avid	FreeBSD Fan !!