Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 18:18:12 -0400
From:      "Michael A. Smith" <michael_smith@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install problem...

I'm trying to install FreeBSD3.1-STABLE on an old-but-good 486 system. I've
had S.u.S.E. Linux 6.0 installed on the system before, and I've installed
FreeBSD 2.2.6 on other systems with no problems.

---the system---
It's a basic ISA/VLB system with a trident 1Mb VLB vidcard, 32Mb RAM, an
AMD 5x86-133 CPU, an IDE 6.4Gb hard drive and a vanilla NE2000-compatible
network card.

I go thru the standard installation: configure the kernel in visual mode,
setting up all the existing hardware, then I partition the whole disk and
use the "AUTO" partitioning. I do either a novice or impatient install,
using the "Developer" package. Everything goes fine, like previous installs.

Then, when I reboot the new system, it hangs on:

ep0 not found at 0x300

Any ideas (I know this is prettty vague! Thianks for any suggestions!)

Michael A. Smith
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his
 enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes
 a precedent that will reach to himself"   --Thomas Paine