Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 07:44:23 -0500
From:      Kenny Hanson <khanson@pdspc.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Hackers (E-mail)" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PIIX3 controller does not support CD-ROMs under FreeBSD

I have an Intel Anchorage (AN430TX) mainboard with a Sony CDU611
IDE CDRom on the secondary ide controller (wdc1).  It finds my sony
just fine on wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa.  It detects all the
goodies
that come with that cdrom as well... check to make sure you haven't
commented out wdc1 and scd0 (if you have a Sony) from the kernel config
file.

	Kenny Hanson, Senior Research Analyst
	Paragon Development Systems