Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:38:19 +0200
From:      "Michael Sig Birkmose" <birkmose@cs.auc.dk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: tomcat out of memory

hmmm i tried installing the linux-blackdown-jdk1.3.1 port and now the
problem doesnt seem to be present.

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java -version
java version "1.3.1-p8"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.3.1-p8-root-030414-22:54)
Classic VM (build 1.3.1-p8-root-030414-22:54, green threads, nojit)

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/linux-blackdown-jdk1.3.1/bin/java -version
java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
Blackdown-1.3.1-02b-FCS)
Classic VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-02b-FCS, native threads, nojit)

blackdown runs native threads and the other runs green threads... what is
the difference? Is green threads some sort of userland threads - and if yes
then hovecome I got the out of memory error with those and not the native
ones?
When i run top now it appears that the server also uses far less mem than
before - any inputs?