Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:37:02 -0400
From:      PJ <af.gourmet@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   custom amd64 kernel

Frankly, I have no idea how to configure the kernel from GENERIC... I
have installed, in the past and recently, Intel i386 kernels without
problem but this amd64 thingy is incomprehensible for me... the default
GENERIC example holds HAMMER as the cpu; mine is Turion with some other
name for the cpu.
Changing that does not fix things either.

make buildkernel generates error messages regarding "undefined
reference" to "critical_enter" and "critical_exit" in functions
"sysarch" and "cpu_set_user_tls"

The GENERIC (default) kernel works except of errors re ACPI - how to get
rid of those?

How can I capture the output errors? and/or how to make a custom kernel
for amd64 ?
TIA
--

Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."
Phil Jourdan --- pj@ptahhotep.com