Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:19:51 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Nader Turki" <nturki@adelphia.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make world

From: "Nader Turki" <nturki@adelphia.net>
> Sorry I didn't explain the problem.
> I'm doing make world remotely using telnet.
> I got disconnected from the Network, had to wait for a while till my cable
> modem work and i telnet again to my server and did make world again 'cause
> it was stoped.
> Is that going to be a problem? I mean should I do somethin' else them make
> world? 'cause the first time it was done almost half way.

In stead of doing a "make world", you should do a "make buildworld &".  This will start building your sources in the background,
then if you get disconnected the "make buildworld" will continue in the background.  Then all you need to do is "make
build|installkernel" and "make installworld" after you reconnected and verified that the build process has completed.

Scot