Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:15:58 +0100
From:      Mark Nowiasz <buckaroo@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   devfs ignores pass0 entry at boot time

Hi all,

There appears to be a small and vexing bug in devfs. I've got the following
devfs.rules:

[system=10]
add path 'da0*' mode 660 group wheel user mark
add path 'da1*' mode 600 group wheel user mark
add path 'usb*' group cups
add path 'usb*' mode 0666
add path 'ugen*' group cups
add path 'ugen*' mode 0666
add path 'cd*' mode 660 group wheel user mark
add path 'pass0' mode 660 group wheel user mark

All entries except the pass0 are working fine:

tower# ls -la /dev/pass0
crw-------  1 root  operator    0, 107  9 Mär 13:57 /dev/pass0

After /etc/rc.d/devfs restart

tower# ls -la /dev/pass0
crw-rw-rw-  1 mark  wheel    0, 107  9 Mär 13:57 /dev/pass0

Do you have any ideas what's wrong?

I'm using 7.0-STABLE/amd64

Regards,
Mark
--
Every four seconds a woman has a baby.  Our problem is to find this woman and
stop her.