Date:      Wed, 3 May 1995 17:11:22 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to allocate kernel address space ?

Is there any function for allocating of kernel address space (not
memory but address space for device's memory) ? I studied the
existing drivers and I found that they assume that virtual
address space in kernel mode is equal to the physical one.

But there is something strange: they convert physical addresses
to virtual ones by simply assigning, but they convert virtual
addresses to physical ones using kvtop(). Why ? For additional
check ?

Thank you for your answers.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia