Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 08:39:25 +1000 (EST)
From:      Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>
To:        Chris Galloway <chris@mountainmax.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Moved Kernel..... Can't Boot...... HELP!

Hi Chris

Get the boot floppies boot up and use Fixit then goto the
Start an Emergency Holographic Shell

you should be able to mount the drives

Keith

On 23-May-99 Chris Galloway wrote:
> Can somebody please help??
> I am running FreeBSD 2.2.8 and I have moved "kernel.old", "kernel.GENERIC",
> and "kernel.save" ..... Now I can't get the box to boot? I thought "kernel"
> was the only (kernel) files that the system booted from? Does anybody have
> any idea's what I should do?
> If I could get to my /usr/home directory, I could "cp" kernel.* back to
> Root...... I also made a tape backup before creating this disaster, But
> cannot get to that dev either!
>
> Could somebody please take a minute to help...................:-(
>
> Chris Galloway
> chris@mountainmax.net

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed FreeBSD."

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>
Australia Power Control Systems Pty. Limited.
Date: 24-May-99
Time: 08:36:33
Satelite Service 64K to 2Meg
This message was sent by XFMail