Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:17:46 +0100
From:      Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
To:        Phil Schulz <ph.schulz@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: message for port developers

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:01:57 +0100, Phil Schulz <ph.schulz@gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm not a port developer but I think you are looking for either `make
> configure` or the BATCH variable.
>
>   If you know which ports you want to install on your system, you can do
> a `make configure' for each port (where it is availeable) and then have
> a skript fire up the `make install's. I'm not sure though if that works
> recursively, i.e. you run `make configure' for e.g. the Gnome meta port
> and you configure all the dependencies with that one command. Why don't
> you try it? ;-)
>   If you think the default options are ok for you, you can add a line
> like "BATCH=yes" in /etc/make.conf and the ports will be built w/o any
> user interaction. Very useful for large builds.
>
> HTH,
>
> Phil.

BATCH=yes i can not do because some configuration leave some very nice toys out.

Now lets see you can call all dependencies with this if your index is working :)

make pretty-print-build-depends-list
so with some grep magic you could tell to do make config in all does
dependencies. Now the trickie part how do you find out the new
dependencies after does configure screens ?