Date:      Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:49:13 -0500
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amarok doesn't support id3v2?

I made a rather startling discovery tonight while playing with amarok
1.4.10 and the id3v2 port.  It seems that if I modify an MP3 files's
id3 tags in amarok, it deletes any existing id3v2 tags, leaving only
id3v1 tags on the file (as verified with the id3v2 command line tool).

This just seems wrong to me.  If I understand correctly, taglib, which
is used by amarok, does support id3v2, so why isn't amarok taking
advantage of this facility?

I rebuilt and reinstalled amarok, just to see if it would make any
difference, but I'm still seeing the same behavior.

I also installed and tried the audio/juk port (also one the of KDE3
multimedia family of packages, and also using taglib), and am seeing the
same thing there as well.  No id3v2 tags, only id3v1.

What's up with this?  Anyone?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads@cox.net