Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:56:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michal Mertl <mime@traveller.cz>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is SMP BETA in STABLE?

From what I read in welcome message from majordomo when subscribing to
thie list it sounds like I shouldn't enable SMP even with STABLE branch
for production servers. Is it correct?

The reason I subscribed to this list is that we run some MP servers and I
want to clarify one question and hear about problems (mainly on STABLE).

The problem I have is with apache. Does it run on STABLE on more
processors? It seems to me, that it never consumes more than 50% processor
(and from systat I don't see much harddisk activity). I've heard about
processes from the same process group run only one at a time but I've also
heard that it's the case with libc_r threads only. I tested with
apachebench from localhost, could this be the reason?

Sorry if this question isn't technical enough but I don't know where else
I should ask.

--
Michal Mertl
mime@traveller.cz