Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 08:37:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@ernie.altona.ppp.net (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Small syscons change

>From the keyboard of Bruce Evans:
>
> elvis thinks that the "am" termcap capability means that the cursor
> automatically wraps to column 0 of the next line when a character is
> printed in the last column.  Is this what "am" means?

am is the automargin capability, also known as wraparound. it means that
   when a line reaches the right edge of the screen, the terminal
   automaticcally continues on the next line.

(termcap & terminfo, O'Reilly & Associates, 1992)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis             hm@altona.ppp.net                Hamburg, Europe
                                              (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD ?