Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:59:43 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, "Rainer Duffner" <rainer@ultra-secure.de>, "Oliver Fromme" <oliver.fromme@secnetix.de>
Subject:   Re: any brochures or handouts available?

I wrote this morning
> "Dan Langille" wrote:
> > Do we have any brochures or handouts which can be printed off and
> > distributed at events?  Something along the lines of "What is
> > FreeBSD, where can I find more info"?
> >
> > This would be generally useful and something I could use this weekend
> > at OSW (http://www.osw.ca/).
>
> It's not quite what you want .. but ..  There's an all 3 BSDs leaflet at
> 	http://berklix.org/bim/leaflet/
> It's in German but, before you think `useless for Canada',
> I guess a lot of the work in a leaflet is deciding on format & content
> & tools & getting Makefile right etc, so you may like to take a
> quick look. BSD buzzwords/ acronyms are the same anyway.
>
> It produces a nice format: landscape sheet with double vertical
> fold, leaflet style, red demon on front, swatting a fly from Windows.
> It was written by Oliver Fromme for a trade show 18 months ago.
> Rainer Duffner, also of our Munich BSD user group is doing a merge
> of 2 versions. I've cc'd both.
> Let me know if you need a rush job by Friday then :-)

It's now Thu Jan 23 02:18:54 CET 2003 & I've finished the translation.
Source & paper size images are up on
	http://www.berklix.org/bim/leaflet/dual/

There's some loose ends to tidy
	- A4 paper not USA,
	- 2nd page prints wrong way up,
	- English version seems sonsiderably shorter than German
	  (hope I missed nothing ?)
but all that's minor, can be dealt with later, it's time to sleep ! :-)

PS I've tried to be fairly faithful to the German original, so if
there's something in the English you don't approve, or is obsolete,
it could be I've inherited it from the German, which was first
written 1.5 years ago.  There's even a few comments in there,
of things I'd like to see checked.

PPS Changes are best sent me in diff -c leaflet.m4

Julian Stacey
jhs @ berklix.com   Computer Systems Engineer, Unix & Net Consultant, Munich.
  Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Schnupftabak probieren.
  Munich BSD Conference:		http://berklix.org/conf/
  Spam phrases triggering deletion:	http://berklix.com/jhs/mail/