Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:47:01 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1013208421.5f92d0@mired.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with SiS900 on S7K5A

I finally got around to upgrading my ECS S7K5A system to include the
patches for the SiS 735 chipset it uses. Everything seemed to be
working fine, so I pulled the fxp for use elsewhere.

At which point problems start appearing. In particular, it seems like
network activity just stops every so often. Sometimes in minutes,
sometimes in days. Originally I thought it was related to running out
of mbufs, which I was doing, but the last time it happened netstat -m
reported "0 requests for memory denied" and ditto for delayed.  Taking
the interface down and back up doesn't solve the problem. Rebooting
does.

I realize I should have grabbed the status for the card while it was
down, but forgot, and have to leave for a couple of hours in about 10
minutes. So I'm going to ask for suggestions about what I should
collect the next time this problem happens so that I can give a
reasonable report.  Ditto for suggestions on actions to take to try
curing this symptom without having to reboot it that might provide
clues to solving the problem.

	Thanx,
	<mike